Juvenile Crimes Attorney - Juvenile Lawyer



Right to Juvenile Rehearing

Your child has a right to apply to the Juvenile Court to request a rehearing of his or her matter if this is done no later than 10 days after the Clerk's Office mails the written copy of the finding and order that was made by the referee or commissioner. This application for rehearing must be received by the Juvenile Court within 10 days. An application for rehearing of a matter heard by the commissioner or referee may be made in person at the office of the County Clerk of the Juvenile Court.

The Juvenile Judge must read and consider transcripts of the Juvenile Court proceedings within 20 days or up to 45 days for good cause delays, or rehearing is granted as a matter of right.

The application may be made by written motion or letter brief to the Presiding Judge of the Juvenile court requesting a rehearing and shall contain specfic reasons you feel that this should be considered.

Notice of Right to Appeal

If your case has been heard by a judge or a judge has denied your request for rehearing, you have the right to appeal to the Appellate Courts from the findings and orders of this court. You must file your notice of Appeal within 60 days from the time of the final order, or 30 days from the date of mailing of notification of denial of rehearing, whichever is greater. The Notice of Appeal must be filed in the juvenile court and not the Court of Appeal. Your notice must clearly state you are appealing, what it is you are appealing from, whether you appealing the entire order or just part of it. The notice of appeal must be signed by your child and his or her attorney.

We can help you.

We have a successful record representing our clients before the California Court of Appeals. Our staff appellate lawyer exclusively handles criminal appellate work and is among the most successful lawyers in California handling appeals and winning reversals with many important published decisions. Please call George Kita at 626-232-0970 or e-mail him at juvylawyer@aol.com for a free consultation.


Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Firm resume Juvenile Defense Attorneys   What to do if your child has been arrested?
Juvenile Defense Attorneys Where is your child being detained? Juvenile Defense Attorneys   What juvenile court will my child be at?
Juvenile Defense Attorneys   The process of a juvenile criminal case Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Significant juvenile victories
Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Juvenile camps Juvenile Defense Attorneys   California Youth Authority
Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Rights for your child Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Will my child's case be sent to adult court?
Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Sealing juvenile records Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Juvenile probation offices
Juvenile Defense Attorneys How to contact us Juvenile Defense Attorneys School Expulsion Hearings
Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Useful juvenile links Juvenile Defense Attorneys   Juvenile Appeals

Copyright 2018, George Kita

NOTE: This juvenile defense lawyer website is provided as informational only. e juvenile crime, juvenile defense, juvenile criminal defense, juvenile rights, juvenile tried as an adult, criminal defense, serious felony or other legal defense information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. The web site of the Law Offices of George Kita has been designed to provide educational information only and is not intended to offer legal advice. His practice is limited to Southern There is no express or implied intent to solicit business from outside of California. Nothing herein is intended to constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Every case is different and outcomes will vary depending on the unique facts and legal issues of your case.